Egueiro is a non-profit organization that is part of the Xarxa d’Atenció a les Drogodependències de la Generalitat de Catalunya (Network of Drug Addiction Care of the Government of Catalonia), which has been working uninterruptedly for more than 31 years towards the rehabilitation, training and reintegration of people with drug dependency problems.
Our MISSION is to offer professional residential care to people with addictive behaviors through an individualized therapeutic program oriented towards the eradication of addictive behaviors and improving the health of the user. The centers promote socio-educational space developed for therapeutic purposes, with an emphasis on the collective,, to encourage the active participation of the user.
Our VISION is to ground our work in the conviction that people with addictive behaviors, at some point in their treatment process, require a temporary residential internment. We base this on the Therapeutic Community as a therapeutic model and on the more general concepts of the person, family and environment, applying the most effective and efficient techniques and treatments fromthe variety of professions involved in the process, in order to achieve and offer the best care.
Our VALUES that serve as a foundation for the care of the people admitted are:
• Encourage self-responsibility of the user.
• Promote work as a social value in the integration process.
• Encourage tolerance and non-discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ideology, social class or sexual orientation.
• Ensure respect for people and the environment.
• Preserve confidentiality and the rights of users.
• Encouragement honesty and sincerity. Transmit certain, clear, sufficient and continuous information.
• Collectivity above individuality.