Egueiro is made up of a multidisciplinary team of more than 40 people that includes professionals in the field of medicine, social education, psychology and social work.
From an organizational point, the different teams of the Therapeutic Communities and Supported Accommodation for Reintegration are coordinated in order to remain consistent with a single objective, agreed upon by experts from the different areas that make up the therapeutic program.
– The therapeutic teams consist of:
. Program Director
. Social Work
. Activity Coordinator
. Social Educators
. Workshop Teachers
– The interventions are carried out at four levels: medical, psychological, socio-educational and socio-laboral.
• Permanent medical attention.
• Access to the service of Social Security specialists.
• Educational sessions that promote healthy habits and a better knowledge of the human body.
• Orient and promote physical exercise.
• Referral in the mental health center of reference if necessary.
• Diagnosis and therapeutic approach.
• Individualized follow-up of each patient.
• Group therapies.
• Derivation at the origin follow-up center once the treatment is finished.
Coexistence within the center is an ideal framework for working the social and educational aspects that will allow patients to acquire useful techniques to develop autonomy. These aspects are founded on learning conflict resolution, the knowledge of the different aspects of one’s personality, one’s relationship with the therapeutic team, how to relate to others, learning to ask for help, changing habits, etc.
The centers have pre-work training workshops where, thanks to teachers specializing in forging, carpentry, maintenance, horticulture, automotive and photography, patients can acquire technical knowledge and habits similar to those they will encounter at the time of their re-employment.
This allows us to professionalize occupational activities, essential in behavioral intervention.